Here are a number of useful links that will provide more information about pension groups, regulators and regulations that are affecting pensioners today.
FSCO – Financial Services Commission of Ontario – Commission des services finaciers de l’Ontario
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario is a regulatory agency of the Ministry of Finance that regulates insurance, pension plans, loan and trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, mortgage brokering, and co-operative corporations in Ontario.
The FSCO website can be found here: http://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/Pages/default.aspx
Here is a new portal for seniors, it is the new version of the Guide to Programs and Services for Seniors from the Government of Québec:
Also other links for seniors, for the following provinces:
- Alberta: http://www.health.alberta.ca/seniors/financial-assistance.html
- BC: http://www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/seniors/
- Manitoba: http://www.gov.mb.ca/shas/index.html
- New Brunswick: http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/ social_development/seniors.html
- Newfoundland: http://www.health.gov.nl.ca/health/seniors/index.html
- Ontario: http://find.gov.on.ca/index.php?q=Service+to+seniors&page =1&owner=moh&lang=EN&Search.x=13&Search.y=12
- Saskatchewan: http://www.health.gov.sk.ca/seniors